CHAMBER MUSIC FOR STRINGS AND BASSOON
Bassoonist Andrea Bressan (Principal; Budapest Festival Orchestra) and violinist Giovanni Guzzo (Concertmaster; Camerata Salzburg & Guest Concertmaster; London Symphony Orchestra) have teamed up to record new - or never played - repertoire for bassoon and violin.
Great friends and highly respected musicians, Andrea Bressan and Giovanni Guzzo play works from a specific geographical area and a specific historical period. Composers Niccolò Paganini and Alessandro Rolla were also good friends and played concerts as a Violino and Viola duo.
There are only two recordings of the Tre Duetti Concertanti per violino e fagottoby Paganini, while Rolla’s Concertino a trewas never even recorded before! The idea behind including short pieces from Paganini’s Divertimenti Carnevaleschi is to alternate emotional moments and keep listeners active and involved throughout.
Reflecting on playing Italian repertoire, Andrea Bressan tells us: “In many bars and moments of these compositions I found the sounds, the smells and the beautiful light of my country and of my sunny youth.”
01. Divertimenti Carnevaleschi, MS 4: II. Alessandrina No. 1 2:12
02. Duetti concertante for Violin and Bassoon, MS 130 No. 1: I. Largo - Allegro moderato 8:16
03. Duetti concertante for Violin and Bassoon, MS 130 No. 1: II. Rondò (allegretto vivo) 4:50
04. Divertimenti Carnevaleschi, MS 4: X. Valzer No. 1 - XI. Valzer No. 2 3:32
05. Duetti concertante for Violin and Bassoon, MS 130 No. 3: I. Allegro con brio poco scherzando 8:34
06. Duetti concertante for Violin and Bassoon, MS 130 No. 3: II. Petite romance in D Minor (Larghetto) 1:40
07. Duetti concertante for Violin and Bassoon, MS 130 No. 3: III. Polacchina in D Major (Andantino con grazia) 5:23
08. Divertimenti Carnevaleschi, MS 4: I. Minuetto 2:11
09. Concertino a tre in E-Flat Major for Viola, Cello and Bassoon, BI 388: I. Spiritoso risoluto in B-Flat Major 9:47